
(The "sympathy belly" we have to wear in class... thing weighs thirty pounds & presses on your bladder! awful!)
So, lucky me, I have been doing my clinicals (aka following a nurse around the hospital all day) on the OB floor. I have LOVED it!! My only issue... is that I puke every time. I know, kind of a big issue.. ha ha.
So yesterday in my clinical I was on the labor and delivery unit.. I was helping this mom hold her leg & work through contractions (ROUGH stuff...) when all of a sudden I started feeling awful. Yes, it was quite a gross circumstance but you gotta understand I have a tough stomach! I watch surgeries & see "sick things" all the time. None the less, I started feeling quite whoozy.. the husband of the laboring wife said "She isn't lookin so good" but as the nurse was obviously helping the patient and monitoring her she stated "Oh, no she is doing fine!! Really good!!" And of course the husband responded "NO! Your student!" And at that point I put the lady's leg down & proceeded to venture to the nearby garbage and vomit my guts out. Nice image right?! TOTALLY embarrassing... After going through that little ordeal I simply responded "Oh I feel fine! I usually just puke once & feel much better!" Well, of course the nurse on the labor & delivery unit had to ask "Are you pregnant?!?!" And, well.. I felt like such a fool for just randomly puking I said YES! What a dumb move. After that point I had to spend the entire day pretending I was pregnant & making up answers for all the nursing staff & OB doctor's questions. It was just lovely. haha.. I couldn't figure out a way to just say "I lied I am not pregnant, I am just an idiot & puke. That's all." And how do you take back agreeing that you are pregnant?? Yeah. Like I said, bad move. Made for a funny day though & dang... I am one good actress ;)
I am just hoping I do not run into that nurse I told EVER.













10 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I am laughing SOOOOOOOOOO HARD right now! Only you could pull that off!
HAHAHA now THAT is a total taylor move. I love it! Seriously friend I dont know how you kept a straight face. Oh you pregnant bridey!
Oh boy, that is funny... and bad! What if you have to work on their floor again?! Oh boy!
hahaha that's too funny!!
THAT EXPLAINS THE WEDDING!!!!!
Oh. My. Heck. This is hilarious!!! Ha ha ha oh I love you and your adventures :)
Ha ha ha thats is classic! Lucille Ball classic! You are such a dork!
I totally needed this today. Bwwwaaahhhh!!! So funny! I love it! I wish I would have had a funny student like you when i was delivering, it would have made me laugh so hard and take my mind off of the pain. LOVE THIS! Unless it's an april fools day joke...and then it's still funny!
I'm laughing my guts out right now! In fact....oh no....I just totally puked.
Wait no, that would be you.
HAH!
hahha that is so funny! you are hilarious!
Post a Comment