Unless...

Unless...
"and all that was left in all of the mess was a child whose eyes pleaded just one word... unless. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. IT'S NOT." - Dr. Seuss

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nursing School...

Nursing school is hard.
I find that all my time is being consumed by it.
If I'm not doing homework or studying for school...I'm stressing over the fact that I should be doing homework or studying! It's pretty much a constant thing.
On my first day of clinicals my patient DIED. Yeah.
So honestly... at first I hated nursing school. Hated, hated, hated. Somedays I still feel that way.
It's starting to get better though. I've done a lot of praying over it & had my dad give me a father's blessing & I've decided to continue pursing nursing.
I am definitely still keeping my options open, as funny as that sounds. I know nursing will be a great career but I don't know if it's all that I want.
I would love to be work for a humanitarian organization. I don't know in exactly what role... but that is a goal I am going to pursue.
I only get one shot at this life & I want to squeeze all the happiness out of it I can :)

3 comments:

Karyn said...

You are too funny. I love, love, love that you are still keeping your mind open to other options. And I know that one day you will be involved a lot in that humanitarian work you are in love with :) Miss you mucho!!

Kiana Don said...

I am sure that you are rocking it, because you can't do anything else but rock what ever you are doing. I love that you are still keeping your options open, but you are doing all YOU can by involving the Lord and His plan for you! You are the best and I know, regardless, you are going to help people wherever you go! Love and miss you!

Marisa Jean said...

What is it with that side of the family and having patients die the first day? Didn't that happen to Larah, too? Random. Hang in there-I'm sure you'll be glad you did!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My likes, loves, and interests...

  • My amazing family
  • Friends
  • Lemon scent
  • Disneyland
  • Spoon Me
  • Learning about different cultures & ideas
  • Motivational quotes
  • Oprah
  • Dr. Oz & his brilliant mind
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Johnny Depp :)
  • Reading - I LOVE a good book