Unless...

Unless...
"and all that was left in all of the mess was a child whose eyes pleaded just one word... unless. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. IT'S NOT." - Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One Week Later...

Painting my hand to add to the wall at the Child Resource Center 
So i've been home for a week now... where does the time go!? 

Adjusting has been okay.
I have always felt bad for missionaries who have a hard time coming home & only want to ever talk about their mission & yadda yadda ... now - I total feel like that. So sorry. haha

I think I'm finally fully back to normal with my sleeping schedule (Zambia is 8hrs ahead)
Random things still make me cry. Grocery stores are the worst

One thing i've been worried about in coming home was forgetting how much love I am capable of giving to others. People in Zambia are easy to love. People I seem to come into contact with in the America everyday - not so much. haha 
One interesting perspective that Kathy was able to give me in Zambia was to
"Remember who you are and remember who they are"
I never thought about it like that before. Yes, i've always learned that I am a royal daughter of my Heavenly Father but never seemed to realized that everyone I come into contact with is also a son or daughter of God. Everyone. That has helped me change my outlook. I'm really working on loving & honoring everyone no matter where they are in life. I want people to come away better from knowing me!! 

 Adding my hand to the wall!! It was so neat :) 


2 comments:

Kiana Don said...

You are so legit. There are no other words in my vocabulary that describe you, my dear ninja sface. Only LEGIT! I love you long time and I cannot wait to hear of your african travels, you can talk about them ANY time with me, deal?! And can we PLEASE play all the time in Ephraim. It hasn't full on hit me that I'm not going back, its hit a little bit, but not full force. Anyway, you are awesome ninja sface and I can't wait to see your sface ASAP! :)

Marisa Jean said...

Great philosophy. Don't feel like you have to talk about your experiences, we can feel it from your spirit.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My likes, loves, and interests...

  • My amazing family
  • Friends
  • Lemon scent
  • Disneyland
  • Spoon Me
  • Learning about different cultures & ideas
  • Motivational quotes
  • Oprah
  • Dr. Oz & his brilliant mind
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Johnny Depp :)
  • Reading - I LOVE a good book