really starting to sink in... I have begun to feel super anxious!
It hasn't quite hit me all the way yet but definitely starting to!!
Luckily I got to meet with some of my team members today...
being with them really makes me excited all over again
& remember why I am doing this!
My team got together today to begin our packing!!
Here is the load I got in the back of my car :)
Mothers Without Borders asked each of us volunteers to try and gather
supplies to pack & bring with us to Zambia. We each collected various
supplies & distributed out the weight in our luggage.
We pack our backpack & carry-on for all our personal necessities!!
That idea kinda freaked me out because I don't know if I can fit all I want...
but it's going to work out just fine I think!
Here are some pictures to kinda give you an idea of what was going on!
Our team really did a great job & ended up gathering tons of the needed items!
We each ended up packing at least 50lbs of medical supplies,
personal hygiene items, blankets, clothing, & etc.
The best part was trying to weigh our bags...

We would just have to weigh ourselves, then grab the bag, step on the scale, & figure out how much extra "poundage" there was :)
Putting together these bags helped me realize how much of a
difference my team is really going to make to the lives of the people of Zambia. Even though I am getting scared about this trip I know it will be life changing and worth all the stress & fear!!
Thanks to everyone who has supported me & taken an interest in Mothers Without Borders and my trip to Zambia!!













2 comments:
Taylor! I just love you. And I am so glad that you decided to do this. You will have so much fun and learn so much. I will miss you but I am happy you get to have an adventure. :)Best of luck packing the rest of your stuff haha
Ninja Sface. What an inspiration you are to me! I love the guts right out of you and I miss you so incredibly bad! I'll write you a note and leave it on your bed everyday I am at your home :) ha ha! That's legit! You seriously are one of my heroes...I love telling people my Ninja Sface is going to Africa! Legit!
Post a Comment