Unless...

Unless...
"and all that was left in all of the mess was a child whose eyes pleaded just one word... unless. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. IT'S NOT." - Dr. Seuss

Monday, December 13, 2010

Put in Perspective

I absolutely love this time of year!! Well, everything but the snow... but we haven't had to really worry about that part yet so it has been great :)

So as I was looking online at gift ideas for those I still need to buy for and at some things I have been hoping to get for Christmas, I started reading some blog posts from friends and came across the blog that never fails to bring a smile to my face or tears to my eyes... Snapshot
This amazing woman, Heather, has been living in Africa to help start out a school for Mothers Without Borders. Her last post humbled me so much and made me SO grateful for all the things I have & of course made me feel guilty about the things I was asking for.
I know people talk about this subject a lot, having something make them realize the true meaning of Christmas & what really matters, but this REALLY hit me. I have not been able to think about anything else for days and keep praying to come up with solutions to make a difference.
You have to read Heather's blog to understand, and I ask you to please! It is really heavy, sad stuff but I promise you, you can't read her blog and not be grateful and inspired to have a more grateful heart.

It's my goal to find a way to raise some money for those little babies.
That is all I really want for Christmas.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

You're so cute, Taylor. I just got something in the mail tonight for MWB and it just makes me count my blessings every time I think about those darling children and how they have nothing. I, too, hope to change their lives one day!

My life! :) said...

:) good job


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My likes, loves, and interests...

  • My amazing family
  • Friends
  • Lemon scent
  • Disneyland
  • Spoon Me
  • Learning about different cultures & ideas
  • Motivational quotes
  • Oprah
  • Dr. Oz & his brilliant mind
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Johnny Depp :)
  • Reading - I LOVE a good book