My new nursing BFF Tracy (we decided we would be BFFs on the 1st day of class - haha) and I can make just about any situation a good time. If you don't believe me you should see us in our lab... i'll have to try & sneak some pictures. Don't be alarmed that we are the nurses of the future :) ha ha
Then I was able to attend the AMAZING Mother's Without Borders boutique with some of my family. As we walked in there was a gorgeous quilt that people were bidding on.. I didn't think too much of it because there was no way I had enough money to bid. So I went around talking to all my friends I ventured to Africa with & was looking to buy some great items. My dad came up to me & told me that he bid on the quilt and I just though "how awesome!!" and continued on. But then they annouced my name & said that I had won the quilt by a generous bid! I was shocked! I of course immediatley started bawling and thanked my dad.
Here is a picture of the quilt - in each of the white squares it has the name written by a child at the Children's Resource Center in Zambia that I grew to love so much.
The first picture is of me & Kathy my hero and founder of Mother's Without Borders. Is that not the most amazing quilt you have ever seen!?
And finally I was able to visit my friend Karyn in her native West Valley! We went to her place of buisness Lanta's Frozone - delish :)
It was such a great day with so many people that I love :)













1 comment:
Yay! Yay! Yay!! I am so glad that you were able to come visit!
Post a Comment