Unless...

Unless...
"and all that was left in all of the mess was a child whose eyes pleaded just one word... unless. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. IT'S NOT." - Dr. Seuss

Monday, October 5, 2009

Love Will Conquer

A couple weeks ago my sweet friend from Zambia, Carol Zulu, passed away.
Carol had been really sick for a long time but her passing was really hard to handle.

I was recently able to attend a memorial in her honor this last weekend.
It was so nice to be with my 'local African family' (as I like to call them)
& to grieve with people who knew Carol and knew what an amazing, amazing girl she was.
Carol was the biggest example of loving freely & forgiving quickly.
That girl has been through SO much in her life but I never once heard her complain or voice anything negative ever, and if you could only understand the pain she was constantly in - it's unbelievable.
At her memorial Kathy (MWB founder) read the poem Love Will Conquer by Emmet Fox & it totally summed up Carol Zulu - it touched my heart SO much and I had to share it:

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer...
no disease that enough love will not heal;
no door that enough love will no open;
no gulf that enough love will not bridge;
no wall that enough love will not throw down;
no sin that enough love will not redeem...
It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble;
how hopeless the outlook;
how muddled the tangle;
how great the mistake;
A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.
If only you could love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world...

Here is a link to a youtube clip of slideshow memorial of Carol Zulu
Mothers Without Borders is going to be putting together a
Carol Zulu Children's Sanctuary
where children dying from AIDS can do so in a clean enviroment surrounded by family and loved ones. I am going to be putting together a HUGE fundraiser to donate to this fund...
I talked to Kathy and she was more than happy to come & speak at a fireside!
I will be sure to keep you all informed on this :)

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Taylor Garcia. I just love you so much! You are one of the best examples I have in my life. Your selflessness just blows my mind. If everyone was like you, this world would be SO much better off. So thank you for being an amazing person :)

Kiana Don said...

Amazing. Simply amazing. You are such an inspiration to me, dear Ninja Sface! What a great life you lead! Thank you for sharing that with me and for letting it touch my heart. I can only imagine the many things you have seen, and I cannot fathom the amount of good and happiness you will bring to this world! You are so legit, and I am so grateful to call you my sfriend! Love you!

Amanda Bolton said...

Taylor thank you for being my best friend and a great example to me. I have grown so much as a person because of you and the things I have learned just being friends with you. Thank you! I love you :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My likes, loves, and interests...

  • My amazing family
  • Friends
  • Lemon scent
  • Disneyland
  • Spoon Me
  • Learning about different cultures & ideas
  • Motivational quotes
  • Oprah
  • Dr. Oz & his brilliant mind
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Johnny Depp :)
  • Reading - I LOVE a good book