Unless...

Unless...
"and all that was left in all of the mess was a child whose eyes pleaded just one word... unless. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. IT'S NOT." - Dr. Seuss

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Engaged!!

So the good news is true...



I am gonna be a KING!!!

Here is a hand-shot of my gorgeous ring!!
I love it.

I'd never seen any other ring quite like it....









So my fun night started out at Zoo lights. We took my little brother & sister and it was a lot of fun! Freezing, but very fun :)
After lights we just headed back to my house to watch a movie, eat treats, & play games on the kinect. It was a very chill & fun night!!
We watched the countdown on TV & right after midnight Mike slipped out 'to go upstairs & fill my water bottle' but then he called me to come up. So I walk up the stairs & it was pitch black... I turned on the light to find my cute guy on one knee with my ring in hand!!! I was SHOCKED!
Honestly people we have had the ring for FOREVER so I was the most shocked that he had found the ring out of my closet!! But after overcoming my shock & crying.. I of course said YES!
I am so excited to be marrying my best friend & love of my life!! We are thinking the end of May or first of June.
It will prove interesting to find a place to do a full out wedding!! [We will have to wait to go to the temple since Mike was just baptized in Oct. :) ] but I couldn't be more ecstatic about anything!! For now I am kinda thinking Joseph Smith Memorial building... but if anyone has some ideas for a gorgeous wedding spot let me know!!

2011 is gonna ROCK!!!




I love this boy :)

10 comments:

Danielle and Ryan said...

Woot Woot! Congrats girl! I'm so excited for you :)

Danielle and Ryan said...

Woot Woot! Congrats girl! I'm so excited for you :)

Karyn said...

WWWWAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am STILL so excited for you and Mike. It's a true fairy tale if you ask me :) I love you and Mike so much and am so happy for you both!

Alysia Gann said...

This is the cutest "I'm engaged" blog ever! I just loved it! Your ring is amazing & I can't wait for your big day friend!! & I can't wait to hear all about the planning- i miss it soooo much! It was good to see you two last night! Love you friend! :]

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

Congratulations Taylor!

You are a dorable!

Amanda Bolton said...

best news ever. I cant even wait for your wedding!! It will be so fun! Let me know if you need any help :) Love you friend!

Marisa Jean said...

After seeing you two together on Thanksgiving, I've been waiting for this announcement. I can't be more thrilled for you! I had to do the civil wedding thing and get sealed later, so I know what you're talking about. If I could do it over again, I would have kept the civil ceremony simple and small, but that's just me. Congrats again!

Rachael said...

SO excited for you two!!

Kiana Don said...

So excited for you! Sorry its taken me a million years to post a comment, jeez! But I am so glad you told the world how it happened, because I was dying to know! Congrats a million times! (I'm not sure why I'm loving "million" so much)

joni said...

Big congrats!!! You've already been engaged for awhile now, but I still wanted to congratulate you and tell you how excited I am for you!! Have fun planning. :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My likes, loves, and interests...

  • My amazing family
  • Friends
  • Lemon scent
  • Disneyland
  • Spoon Me
  • Learning about different cultures & ideas
  • Motivational quotes
  • Oprah
  • Dr. Oz & his brilliant mind
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Johnny Depp :)
  • Reading - I LOVE a good book