Unless...

Unless...
"and all that was left in all of the mess was a child whose eyes pleaded just one word... unless. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. IT'S NOT." - Dr. Seuss

Monday, January 18, 2010

Current Events

Well, I don't even know where to start!
I guess I just want to say how grateful I am for all the love & support my family has received these past couple of days.
It has been completely overwhelming how many people have contacted my family to just let us know that we are in their thoughts & prayers. Thank you!
My family is definitely not viewing these current events as a tragedy... more just a disappointment.
From this I have learned that sometimes our greatest blessings come in disguise through our trials - My family has already begun to become so much closer & it can only get better from here.
Its been hard that my family has to go through something so personal so publicly but I am glad my dad is the great man he is and for being so strong.
As everyone keeps reminding us ... this to shall pass.

8 comments:

Alysia Gann said...

Your positive attitude is just so darn admirable friend! It's the best when you are able to find the blessings in the hard times... it makes you THAT much more thankful for them!! Makes it almost seem worth the heartache... and it only builds your testimony of the gospel in ways you wouldn't have been able to gain otherwise. Keep that head up & a smile on your face... and lets try and do lunch when you're feeling up to it. Gee I'm sure you've heard this all a million times from everyone, but I just had to say it as well :] Love you dear!!

Amanda Bolton said...

I seriously think the world or you and your family. You are such a strength to me. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I am so so blessed that I know you! Trials can only make us stronger and I am so glad that you can become closer as a family. I love you :)

joni said...

You know we love you and your family!!! You guys are all in our hearts and we wish you nothing but the very best!! :)

Karyn said...

Taylor Garcia. I just want to say what everyone else has already said. You are one of the biggest examples to me in my life. I hope that one day I can be as strong as you are. I sure do love you so much! Thank you for being so great! :)

Wendy Lady said...

It is always easier to have faults when they can be hidden, but we are more likely to overcome them when they are in full view of the world. Unfortunately, that means that our discomfort becomes public rather than private.

Satan knows what our weaknesses are and will do everything in his power to work on us little by little until we succumb. Never forget that we are given weaknesses so that we may become humble. With humility and faith and, of course, repentance we will be made stronger. (See Ether 12:27)

You are a wonderful niece and I dearly love your family. Keep the Faith!

Kiana Don said...

Ninja Sface.
Words don't do justice to how much I look up to you and your family! what a great example of strength you all are! I love you all and I am so blessed to have your as my ninja. Sometimes Heavenly Father has a dry sense of humor, don't you think? haha

Meagan Mysliwiec said...

I don't know what's happening with your family, but I wanted to let you know that I have always admired every one of you. You and everyone in your family are such amazing people and I'm grateful I've had the blessing of knowing each of you. You have beautiful spirits, and even though I haven't seen any of you in years, you are still in my thoughts and I just want to say that I love you guys. =)

You will make it through this!

Everything happens for a reason, and even though we can't always see why they happen to us, there is a meaning for it all, and you will understand one day.

I love you!

Marisa Jean said...

I haven't stopped thinking about your family, and knew that if anyone could find the good out of a painful experience, you could. Your family has always been an inspiration to us all, and always will. I'm glad that everyone doesn't publicize all of my errors, and I'm sorry that your family has been on display. Hang in there and know we love you!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My likes, loves, and interests...

  • My amazing family
  • Friends
  • Lemon scent
  • Disneyland
  • Spoon Me
  • Learning about different cultures & ideas
  • Motivational quotes
  • Oprah
  • Dr. Oz & his brilliant mind
  • Audrey Hepburn
  • Johnny Depp :)
  • Reading - I LOVE a good book